18 - 22 January 2017
SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre
Oaklands Park SA 5046
- Events will be swum as open timed finals in the morning with age group finals in the evening session.
- Age group finals will be swum as per the medal/point age groups with the addition of a 19&O age group for each event.
- Female 800m and Male 1500m will be swum as timed finals with the fastest heat swum as timed finals.
- Maximum of two visitors in each final
- Only A finals will be swum for each event (no B finals)
- No qualifying times for relays
- Click Here for the Event Listing
Event Operating Hours:
Tuesday 17 January - Pre Meet Training 10.30am - 2.30pm
|Gates Open||Warm Up||Session Commences|
|Wed 18 - Sat 21 Jan - Heats
||7.00am||7.45am - 8.45am||9.00am|
|Wed 18 - Sat 21 Jan - Finals||3.30pm||3.45pm - 4.45pm||5.00pm|
|Sun 22 Jan - Relays||10.30am||10.45am - 11.45am||12.45pm|
Entry Procedures (Individual Entries):
Online Meet Entries - Click Here
Qualifying times apply to all individual events.
Click here to view the current Qualifying Times
- Entry times must have been achieved achieved since January 1st 2015 in a 50m pool.
- No late entries will be accepted under any circumstances. Please get your entries in early in case there are any issues with your entries.
- Do not leave it to the last minute to enter!
- When entering, if a message comes up saying you are not financial or not approved, please contact your club registrar.
- Your entry time will be the fasted time recorded for you in the Swimming Australia Results Database. Please check your results in the database (swimming.org.au/results) and if your best time is not showing please email SwimmingSA Events to rectify the issue.
- Once you have completed your entries please check the confirmed competitors list to make sure your entries have been processed.
Visitors from interstate can compete with a relevant interstate clearance from their appropriate state swimming association. Swimmers compete for the affiliated club they hold membership with. Please contact your state swimming assocation for more information.
Entry Procedures (Relay Entries):
Nominations must be completed via ClubLANE using the relay entry portal.
For support please contact [email protected]
All swimmers are reminded that at all State Championships the FINA Backstroke Ledges are used.
It is the swimmers preference whether they wish to use them or not.
Practice lanes will be made available during warm up for each session.
Please direct all enquries to either the Meet Director or Technical Manager.
Ticketing & Program Sales:
Ticket Pricing and Information - Click here
Pre-ordered programs will be available for collection from the Level 1 Kiosk at the event.
All pre-purchased tickets/program vouchers must be printed out and brought with you at the time of entry.
The turnstiles at the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre Event Entry do not recognise mobile tickets.
Field of Play / Pool Deck Access
Please note that new policies have now taken effect:
Click here to download new policies:
The field of play/pool deck area is defined as the competition area, warm up area/pool, marshaling and ready areas, event administration and command rooms, main competition pool, presentation dais and pool deck seating modules.
The following groups are authorised to access pool deck:
- Swimmers who are entered in events of the swim meet
- Appointed Technical Officials, volunteers
- Accredited coaches who are current members of ASCTA
- Pre-nominated Team Manager/s
- Pre-nominated Carers for Multi-Class athletes who have been approved by SwimmingSA
- Sports Science staff who have been approved by SwimmingSA
- SwimmingSA Staff, Directors, Committee Members
- Security Personnel and Venue Lifeguards
- SwimmingSA approved Media personnel
- SwimmingSA invited guests
This access privilege may be revoked at any time by the Board, it’s representatives or the Meet Director.
All persons accessing the field of play/pool deck are required to hold a current National Police Clearance or DCSI screening check which is no more than three years old. A copy must be submitted to SwimmingSA prior to accessing the field of play/pool deck area. ASCTA accredited coaches are not required to supply a copy of their clearance as this is an ASCTA requirement.
The field of play/pool deck area is restricted to authorised persons from the time that gates open until 30 minutes after the conclusion of the last event of each session.
Only competitors, technical officials and event staff are authorised to access the marshalling room.
All persons wishing to access pool deck for the championships must complete the following online form and submit their current NPC or DCSI check to [email protected]
Technical Officals do not need to complete this form as they must complete the Officials Registration.
ASCTA Coaches, Team Managers, MC Carer, Sports Science and Support staff:
Form available - Click Here to Register
Spot checks will occur throughout the meet to ensure that all persons within the field of play/pool deck are authorised. Penalties will apply for clubs who allow unauthorised/unregistered persons onto pool deck with or without access bands.
All coaches must carry relevant accrediation at all times whilst in access controlled areas.
This can include:
- ASCTA accreditation card
- SwimmingSA membership card
Without this card, you may be asked to leave the access controlled area.
Official Event Photography:
Information Coming Soon
Official Event Merchandise:
Sports Centre is SwimmingSA's Official Supplier to our State Teams, Squads and Staff. We are proud to partner with Sports Centre as SwimmingSA's Official Event Merchandise Supplier for all our major events until 2018.
Merchandise will be on sale during all heats sessions in the Grandstand Concourse.
Pre-orders will be available from Sports Centre's website in the lead up to the event.
2017 Santos Tour Down Under:
As has happened in previous years, interstate and local participants are reminded that the Santos Tour Down under runs in Adelaide from January 14 - 22. Road closures will be in place during your travel around the Adelaide metropolitan area throughout the 2017 South Australian LC State Championships.
Stage 3 of the event will pass directly by the SA Aquatic and Leisure Centre on Diagonal Road and the Oaklands Crossing Precinct, before continuing south along Sturt and Marion Roads and onwards to the Southern Expressway.
Please plan your journey to and from the venue taking this major event into consideration.
For more information please visit: http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/
Please note that this area can become overcrowded during peak periods, especially during championships. Please be patient in whilst queing at Event Entry and do not push at the turnstiles. Save time at the gate and avoid queing by purchasing your tickets and programs prior to the meet.
Eftpos is not available at Event Entry. The nearest ATM is located at Bendigo Bank (Milham Street - near Red Cross Building). Alternatively Westfield Marion has several ATMS of various banks.
The 2017 South Australian LC Championships falls in the South Australian School Holidays and during the peak summer period for the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre. Plan your journey to the pool prior to the meet.
On-site parking will fill quickly. Should you choose to leave between heats and finals, please keep in mind that parking may be full when you return. Additional parking is available in nearby areas, including several side-streets a short walk from the centre. Carparking attendants will be onsite to assist with traffic flow.
The Level 1 Kiosk will be open for all AM sessions during the championships. Outside of these times, please use the Cafe at Main Entry.