New South Australian Competition Strucutre
SwimmingSA is pleased to announce a new Competition Structure commencing LC 2016/17 (1 October 2016)
During the 2015/16 LC season, SwimmingSA conducted several pilots to aid future competition planning.
- Re-introduction of the 'All-In' format as an opener for our LC and SC seasons
- Removal of Country Sprints and Relays and Octopus League in favour of an 'All-In' format - Last Blast of Summer LC
- Trial of Division 1 meets running as one session
- Merging of LC Age and LC Open Championships as one major summer championship
- Trial of a JX LC meet outside of the SA Aquatic and Leisure Centre
SwimmingSA thanks our members who submitted feedback followign these pilots and after due consideration of all the feedback and the sports needs, SwimmingSA is introducing changes to the competition structure commencing 1 October 2016.
What is continuing?
- Division 1
- Division 2
- 'All-In' Summer and Winter meets
- Last Blast of Summer LC
- Country Championships
- State Championships
- Long Course (combined age, open, MC and club relay championships)
- Short Course (combined age, open, MC and club relay championships)
- Open Water
What are the changes?
- New, clearer overarching competition structure in the following four levels:
- Introduction of a Development Meet once per LC and SC season
- Introduction of the Junior League concept - replacing JX meets
For more information regarding the new competition structure, please navigate your way around our website.
Should you have any questions please contact the SwimmingSA Events Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)