Why join a Swimming SA club?
By being a member of a local swimming club in SA, you are now part of a team that provides SA with an enjoyable, safe and healthy environment to develop swimming skills and promote an active lifestyle.
Swimming clubs generate a lot of community support throughout Australia and encourage Australians to get active and participate in local sport. Australia is known world-wide for our outstanding swimming performances in Olympic and Commonwealth Games and World Swimming championship arenas.
So as part of the Swimming SA team you have the opportunity to provide your kids the environment to encourage and develop the skills of Australians’ swimming stars of the future just have a look below;
- Are assured Comprehensive Insurance Cover provided under the Swimming Australia National Insurance Scheme through MARSH Sport
Are assured Qualified and Trained Officials officiate at all meets run under the Swimming SA Competition Structure
Protected by the Swimming Australia Safe Sport Framework for acceptable behaviour relating to swimmers.
Experience all levels of competition - swimmers have the opportunity to attend regular club nights, weekend club carnivals, Area Championships, State Championships (including Multi-Class competitions) and National Championships
- Receive support, assistance and other development opportunities for Multi-Class swimmers from Swimming SA, Swimming Australia and Disability Sporting Associations
- Receive talent development through State Development Squads
- Receive access to the National Search Results Database for all you child's swimming results and identification within the swimming community
Have the opportunity to be selected in the Junior Excellence Program – recognising athletes from 9 – 13 years who have achieved certain standards as well as having their name published on the Swimming Australia website, for more information click HERE
Have the opportunity to form long lasting friendships with other swimmers, parents, officials, coaches etc as part of a team, especially at club nights or at other club carnivals, while participating in a sport they enjoy
Have the opportunity to develop essential life skills to survive amongst Australia’s water friendly culture
- Education and development of resources to support the health and wellbeing of the athletes and their support network has been implemented. It's called Beyond the Black Line and it's available HERE.
Click HERE to download a copy of the Swimming Australia Parents Handbook
Are assured Comprehensive Insurance Cover provided under the Swimming Australia National Insurance Scheme through MARSH Sport
Protected by the Swimming Australia Safe Sport Framework for acceptable behaviour relating to swimmers, coaches, parents, officials and general.
- Free DHS, Working With Children Checks are a benefit for registered financial members of the sport - Register your application HERE
- Opportunity to become accredited as a Swimming SA and Swimming Australia Accredited Technical Official under the National Officiating Scheme. Ongoing training, education and re-accreditation opportunities are also available
- Access to the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA) with information and resources on becoming involved in coaching
- Opportunity to form long lasting friendships with other swimmers, parents, officials, coaches etc as part of a team, especially at club nights or at other club carnivals, while participating in a sport they enjoy
Click HERE to search for a club near you.